You are a BS Instructor if:
1. You know who Mark, Lisa, and Sarah are!
2. You kow that a launch has nothing to do with a rocket.
3. You don’t think it is strange when someone says, ‘I like track 6. What’s your favorite track?”
4. BS means something different to your non BS friends.
5. It’s the ONLY time you will do funny arm movements without first having a drink.
6. It’s the only time you will straddle, squat, tap, and turn in public.
7. You know what a power peak is!
8. You have BS friends. They understand you.
9. You’ve watched the Master Class.
10. You want more of Les.
11. You love your “front row!” These people are also avid followers of you and your BS! you know almost all of their names!
12. You take requests, but you don’t work for a radio station.
13. LMBS and OTT mean something to you.
14. You get excited for the latest release.
15. You’ve heard, “Walk away, away, away” a few times. You hear it in your head right now!
16. You have learned from Dr. Jackie Mills and asked yourself, Why am I watching this?
17.You don’t think it is istrange when your BS friends ask, “Is that from 67?”
18. You BS friends understand exactly what you are saying when you say, “No, it’s 71.”
19. You recognize BS songs when you hear them out in public. If you happen to be with a BS friend you say, “This is a BS song.”
20. You BS even when you aren’t feeling good.
21. You encourage others to BS…..they look at you funny.
22. You know which participants can help you get back on track when you mess up.
23. You have read or written on a BS discussion board.
24. You dream of being on the DVD.
25. You have suggested a song.
26. You own BS clothing.
27. You have gone “around the world” several times in one week.
28. You show new participants easier moves, but they ignore you.
29. You have BS members who amaze you.
30. You have reviewed the notes right before a track.
31. You know the theme for each launch and dress for the occasion.
32. You belong to a Les Mills group on facebook.
BODYSTEP allows you to work at the intensity you want to without having to think too hard! With simple yet effective choreography combined with powerful, athletic moves, BODYSTEP is the ultimate step workout and possibly the world’s fastest way to tone butts and thighs. Step up the intensity not the complexity of your workout.
The traditional step class has been refreshed to create a high-energy, athletic, cardio blast, simple enough for men and women of all ages and fitness abilities to attend. You can control how hard you work by simply altering the height of your step and increasing or decreasing the range of your movements. Designed by some of the world’s leading instructors, selected movements combined with motivating music make BODYSTEP classes uplifting and memorable experiences rather than just another visit to the gym.
The Workout Lasting 45 minutes to one hour, each BODYSTEP class is broken down into three phases. Phase one – the first four tracks are designed to raise the body’s temperature, increase the ease of movement and finishes with the first peak of activity. Using a variety of low impact moves and postural stretches to start, then incorporating changes in music speed, direction and range of movement, you become familiar with the character and intensity of the programme. Phase two – this concentrates firstly on building strength, followed by specific tracks increasing the intensity and demands on the cardiovascular system as the class progresses. The third and final phase – it starts with balance and conditioning work incorporating the upper body and back then moves on to abdominals, finishing your workout with a well-deserved cool-down and stretch safe in the knowledge that you have maximised your workout.
Step up to Fitness Cardiovascular fitness training can be challenging. Many of us find that we avoid it and miss out on the amazing benefits of aerobic training. That is until now! BODYSTEP delivers what we all want from a challenging group fitness workout – maximum results in minimum time. This exhilarating pre-choreographed workout is designed to achieve goals. The structure of the workout provides a range of benefits associated with improved cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength and endurance, and flexibility. As a specific fitness programme, it allows excellent cross-training for recreational sports such as in-line skating, tennis, basketball and football. In addition to the cardiovascular benefits, BODYSTEP can help improve your fat burning capabilities, coordination, muscle strength, posture and agility.
- BODYSTEP delivers inspiration to achieve results through the use of exciting and powerful music with inspirational instructors.
- BODYSTEP has been designed to be an athletic, cardiovascular workout where the intensity can be self-regulated by adjusting the height of the step and the range of your movements on and around the step. .
- BODYSTEP can help improve your body’s ability to burn fat and calories. The high intensity of the workout means there is a high rate of energy expenditure.
- BODYSTEP can help improve muscle strength and endurance with specific conditioning tracks incorporated between bouts of aerobic activity.
- BODYSTEP has been designed to help improve coordination and agility.
- BODYSTEP emphasises correct posture which may then be carried through to everyday life.
- BODYSTEP encourages regular participation in exercise. Described as “reflex with rhythm”, it makes you feel great!
I have been teaching BODYSTEP for 10 plus years. I currently teach at the YMCA’s in Gastonia NC. I credit BODYSTEP with keeping me lean and fit and saving my sanity by relieving me of the stress from my nursing job. My BODYSTEP peeps are my friends and I look forward to seeing their smiling faces in my classes every week. Drop in and see us sometime, you’ll be glad you did.
BODYPUMP is the world’s first class to combine high-repetition weight training with aerobic conditioning. Performed regularly, it will tone and condition your body, help you to lose weight and ultimately change your body shape, all in double-quick time. What are you waiting for? Sign up for a class, NOW!
A complete balanced workouBODYPUMP is a 45 to 60 minute non-impact, resistance training programme that utilises barbells and adjustable weights. It is a studio-based group session led by highly skilled, motivating instructors who receive ongoing training to ensure every class is safe, effective and fun. After an initial all-body warm-up, all the major muscle groups are worked via a series of weight-bearing exercises including squats, presses, lifts and curls. The larger muscles of the legs, chest and back are worked first in that order. Followed by the smaller muscles of the arms, namely the biceps and triceps. The legs are worked a second time in the form of lunges followed by the shoulders before the abdominals are trained. The class finally finishes with a well-earned cool-down and stretch. Throughout the class the focus is on correct lifting technique and postural alignment, which may then be carried over into everyday activities. Using light to moderate weights and high repetitions, each muscle group is worked for about five minutes before overload is achieved. This type of endurance training is excellent for increasing lean body mass, improving muscle tone and definition but without causing bulking. So you won’t get big, just toned and strong. Stretching between tracks aids recovery while at the end of the session this helps to maintain and improve flexibility, promote good posture and help decrease the risk of injury.
Who is it for?
Everybody! BODYPUMP is deliberately pre-choreographed using simple moves so that it appeals to both men and women of all ages and fitness abilities… co-ordination is NOT a prerequisite! People of all fitness levels can enjoy the workout together and feel success because the self-regulated, adjustable weights mean you can control the intensity of your workout. You will find that the synergy of group training enables you to achieve a volume and intensity of work that would be difficult to replicate on an individual basis and exploring your physical limits becomes more attractive with the support of your peers.
This type of endurance training is excellent for helping to increase lean body mass, improving muscle tone and definition but without causing bulking.
The benefits of BODYPUMPBODYPUMP has been designed to make you stronger, get you in shape and help manage your weight by increasing your metabolism. The more muscle we have, the more calories we burn. BODYPUMP will help increase your lean body mass and ultimately improve your fat-burning ability. BODYPUMP can help improve your posture by emphasising controlled and balanced strength training, reinforcing ideal postural alignment that may then be carried over into daily activities. BODYPUMP helps promotes muscular endurance and, as a result, it can also help improve performance in many sports. BODYPUMP can help to increase your overall self-confidence as well as your general well-being but be warned…It will change the shape of your body.